Warm Greetings from Rotary Club Of Porvorim, Goa!!!
Our most sought-after annual fundraising and PR event has just got bigger with five days of fitness extravaganza. Following are the details of the five-day challenge.....
- This is a virtual event comprising of 5km 10km Walk,10km 25km, 50km 100km Run, 25km 50km, 100km Ride. These challenges either one, two or all three can be completed between 15th to 19st of September. Being a virtual event any participant around the world can participate in the event and complete the challenge at a place of their own choice. Any of the activity the participant has registered for has to be recorded on Fitness App STRAVA or GARMIN. After the challenge has been completed the data has to be uploaded through the ROTARY RAIN RUN APP that every participant will have to download.
- Group Registrations of 50 participants and above will get a special discount.
WOMEN HEALTH: Our flagship project is the Prakash Cancer Aid Project. We have a functional “Women’s Health Care Centre” with a Mammography Machine to detect breast cancer. These services are being offered free of cost to poor and needy.
So far Rotary Club of Porvorim --
- Conducted more than 160 counselling camps.
- More than 4000 women attended these camps
- More than 3500 women undergone PAP smear test
- Counselling on General Healthcare & Hygiene for women
- Supported 20 cancer patients with treatment
It is pertinent to note that those who require assistance for further treatment receive adequate support from Rotary Club of Porvorim.
We have adopted a school for over the last 15years where we fulfil all the needs of the school including Happy classrooms. Apart from this we also support six schools in and around Porvorim for the infrastructure needs like Computer lab, Library, Toilet Block and Building repairs and maintenance