The Rotary Rain Run is being organised as a major fundraising event to support the Flagship Community Service Activity of the Rotary Club of Porvorim – the Prakash Cancer Aid Project (PCAP) with 100% of fund generated going to support this project.
Since 2007, the Rotary Club of Porvorim (RCP) has conducted 33 counseling camps and has seen:
- Conducted more than 70 counselling camps.
- 1740 plus women have attended these camps.
- 1400 women have undergone PAP smear test.
- 3 women were operated for uterus removal.
- Procured Colposcopy Machine for detection of cervical cancer.
Our success in spreading the awareness about the Prakash Cancer Aid Project and the resultant positive impact upon the society has motivated RCP to embark on another ambitious project. The RCP is in the process of setting up a Women’s Health Care Centre in association with R G Stone Hospital in Alto Porvorim - with the installation of a brand new ‘Mammography Unit’ for Breast Examination, along with Ultrasound Facility to screen and detect Breast and Cervical cancers at no cost for BPL card holders and at subsidized cost for others in Goa.